Human Resources Foundations: Course Introduction – Whatever line of employment you’re in, you have a moral obligation to care for the employees. Human resources can help with it. Human resources professional Wayne Cascio offers a thorough introduction to the industry in this course. Wayne makes sure that new HR professionals are knowledgeable about their primary duties, including recruiting, interviewing, and employing new employees as well as developing a pay strategy and internal training and development tools. Wayne also covers the function of HR in managing a global workforce, performance management, and career development.
Learning Objective: By the end of the course “Human Resources Foundations,” learners will be able to demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the key concepts, principles, and practices of human resources management, and be equipped with the foundational knowledge necessary to effectively manage and optimise human capital within organisations. Specifically, learners will be able to:
- Explain the role of human resources management in organisations and its strategic importance in achieving organizational goals.
- Describe the main functions of human resources management, including recruitment and selection, performance management, employee development, compensation and benefits, employee relations, and HR policies and procedures.
- Analyze the legal and ethical considerations in human resources management, including compliance with employment laws, diversity and inclusion, and ethical decision-making in HR practices.
- Apply effective strategies for talent acquisition, retention, and succession planning, including understanding the labor market, conducting job analysis, developing job descriptions and specifications, and designing effective recruitment and selection processes.
- Understand the importance of employee development and performance management, including conducting performance appraisals, providing feedback, setting performance goals, and designing training and development programs.
- Analyze and design compensation and benefits programs that align with organisational objectives and legal requirements, including understanding different types of compensation systems, conducting job evaluations, and managing employee benefits.
- Understand the importance of employee relations and develop strategies to manage employee grievances, conflicts, and disciplinary actions, including understanding employee rights, handling employee complaints, and conducting workplace investigations.
- Design and implement HR policies and procedures that align with organisational culture, values, and legal requirements, including developing employee handbooks, designing HR metrics and analytics, and managing HR records and documentation.
Overall, the learning objective of the course “Human Resources Foundations” is to provide learners with a comprehensive understanding of the fundamental concepts, principles, and practices of human resources management, and enable them to apply this knowledge effectively in managing human capital within organisations.
The fundamentals of managing people00:55
Chapter 1 : Human Resources Management
Making the business case for diversity04:40
Chapter 1 Quiz : Human Resources Management
Chapter 2 : Human Resources Development
Understanding HR competencies03:39
Developing employees through training03:39
Chapter 2 Quiz : Human Resources Development
Chapter 3 : Global Human Resources
Understanding global cultures04:15
What makes international HR different?04:44
Compensating international employees04:08
Chapter 3 Quiz : Global Human Resources
Dive Deeper Into HR01:53